How and Where to Complain: Consumer Rights

If you need to complain about your consumer rights, it helps if you know where to complain. 

Our advice when complaining is keep a cool head and research your rights before you complain. 

You are far more likely to get a result from the company you are complaining to if you show them you know your rights and what agency you will take your complaint to if they do not give you what you are entitled to. Below the list of agencies is a DTI complaints form which you can download, it may help your claim if you fill this in before you complain and show it to the company and explain if they do not give you what you are entitled to you will send it to DTI. 

You can view the Consumer Act of the Philippines here.

ConcernWhere to complain
Banks, non-bank financial institutions, pawnshops, and credit cardsBangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP)
Adulterated livestock feeds, vaccines, pharmaceuticals and biologicsBureau of Animal Industry (BAI) – Animal Feed Standard Division and Laboratory Services
Pet animalsBureau of Animal Industry (BAI) – Animal Health Division
Fish and fishery productsBureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR)
Fruits and VegetablesBureau of Plant and Industry (BPI)
Food in restaurants, eateries and sidewalk vendors as well as on regulation  of practice relative to weights and measuresCity Health Office of the concerned Local Government Units (LGUs) 
Fertilizer and pesticideDepartment of Agriculture (DA) – Fertilizer and Pesticide Authority (FPA)
Forest and forest-based productsDepartment of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR)
Ozone-depleting substancesDepartment of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR)
Hospitals and doctor’s services, processed foods, drugs, cosmetics, and medical services or household products with hazardous substancesDepartment of Health (DOH), Center for Health Development Metro Manila, and  Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Manufactured productsDepartment of Trade and Industry (DTI)
ElectricityEnergy Power Industry Management Bureau (EPIMB)/Department of Energy-Consumer Welfare and Promotion Office (DOE-CWPO)/ Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC)
Life and non-life insurance claim, pre-need plans such as educational, pension and memorialInsurance Commission (IC)
RiceNational Food Authority (NFA)
Processed and unprocessed meat and dressed chickenNational Meat Inspection Service (NMIS)
Telephone rates, cellphones, TV and radio broadcastNational Telecommunications Commission (NTC)
Quality/price of the liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) and liquid fuelsOil Industry Management Bureau (OIMB)
Prices of coconut oil, husked nuts, and fresh young coconuts
Quality standards of coconut-based products
Philippine Coconut Authority (PCA)
Claim for insured deposit; follow-up status of claim for insured deposit; queries on deposit insurance coverage, other bank related issues/concerns i.e. unserviced withdrawals, ATM problems, etc.Philippine Deposit Insurance Corp. (PDIC)
Mutual funds (investment); financing/lending; listed companies, registered issuers of securities (time sharing)Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)  – Corporation Finance Department
Sugar quality and priceSugar Regulatory Administration (SRA)

DTI Complaints Form

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.