Ensure that all your ingredients are at room temperature.
- self-raising flour. Not available in the Philippines, see how to make.
- caster sugar
- 4 eggs, weighed in their shells
- equal weight of:
- 8-10 shots of your favourite gin
- 2 lemons
- 150g granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Weigh your eggs in their shells, and make a note of the exact weight. Weigh out this much butter and caster sugar, and cream together until light, fluffy and pale.
- Crack in the eggs, and beat until combined.
- Sieve in the flour, mix again, then grate in the zest of both lemons.
- Stir through the juice of 1 lemon and 3-4 shots of gin, then pour into a lined 1kg loaf tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 45 minutes, or until the cake passes the knife test.
- Remove from the oven, and set aside while you make the drizzle.
Make the Drizzle
- Combine the sugar, gin, tonic and remaining lemon in a bowl.
- Prick the surface of the cake with a fork, then pour over the drizzle.